Thursday, September 21, 2006

I GOT TO HOLD HER!!

After a bad day yesterday and rough start to the morning, I'm pleased to report that Sadie's breathing tube is finally OUT! I got to hold her this morning and it was sheer bliss. Unfortunately, it's not a quiet day here, as she's having a lot of withdrawal symptoms from coming off the pain meds. She just got a little shot of morphine to take the edge off, so I had a spare moment to write in here.

She is so beautiful - I can't wait to show her off! It's the first time I've really seen her face, and she looks exactly like Katie as a baby, except a different nose and she's much darker than Katie.

Yay! Wish us luck as we go through the withdrawal process. It is NOT fun to see your little one shaking and crying incessently.

No comments:

Post a Comment