Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Getting used to being home

It's been a flurry of activity these past few days as we've all been adjusting to being home. It's not quite been a week yet, but Sadie is already doing better with her sleep patterns and has calmed down a bit. Sunday was awful - she had withdrawal symptoms once again from the methadone, so we had to go back to dosing her on it again, and hope to have it weaned off for good by Sunday of this week.

Sadie gets pretty cranky every evening, and I'm starting to think she might be colicky. It starts like clockwork at 6:00 and lasts until about 2 a.m. I guess it's time to start trying to remove various foods to see what makes her gassy and cranky.

Other than a few hours a day of crying, we're all doing well. Katie is adjusting to being a big sister, and loves to hold Sadie every chance she can get. She (Katie) started school yesterday and loves it. My mom is helping with Sadie while Katie's in school, which allows a couple of hours for me to try to catch up on work a bit. I need to put in a good 60-80 hours to catch up to where I need to be with my business, but I'll just have to do what I can when I can. Jason's returned to work and is back in the grind.

So, it's settling down here, but I find that I have less time than ever to do much of anything. I think we're programmed to forget what having an infant is like so that we continue to reproduce - otherwise we'd all have one child or less. The whole sleepless nights and consistently crying baby thing sucks - but who am I to complain?! I have a healthy, relatively happy baby girl at home, in my arms which is more than I could have imagined a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment