Saturday, October 07, 2006

Finally - a "normal" day!

Sadie was great today - she maybe cried three hours total (yes, I know the night is young yet and I should watch what I say, but still...!).

This is a huge improvement. She's sleeping a ton today, but has had some awake, active time without crying. It's short-lived, but still, it's there. She's been more alert, looking around at things. I'm still waiting for the smiles to really start (we've seen a few, but they're far between).

Hopefully we can keep her calm and get some weight on her in the next few days so that we don't have to put the NG tube back in. She's been eating a lot all day, but it's tapered off tonight, so I guess I've got to start waking and feeding her again.

Katie's pretty worn out from all the baby-stuff, but still does well with Sadie. She loves to hold her when she can, but hasn't had a chance the previous few days because of the crying fits. Today she finally could hold her again, and spent every minute she could taking care of Sadie. I wish I could make it easier for Katie.

That's all the news tonight. No drama today. I don't know what to do with myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment