Monday, February 04, 2008

Yes we can!



I am not a big fan of politics. In fact, it's fair to say I HATE politics. But while I may or may not share his political views or view the speeches of the candidates as rhetoric, the recent speech by Obama in New Hampshire moved me. Will.i.am of Black Eyed Peas fame turned that speech into the inspiring and moving video above. On the website he created to feature this video (dipdive.com) Will.i.am wrote:

When you are truly inspired..
magic happens...
incredible things happen...
love happens..
(and with that combination)

Inspiration breeds change...

What does this have to do with CHD Awareness? Well, to be honest, this dive into the CHD world has been a tough one for me. Though I jumped onto the idea of doing a 29-day blog-a-thon, I've found that it's hard for me to say what I really want to say. Some of it may offend. Some of it is too hard to write. Some of it is very personal. But it is a message that needs to get out to the public. At a mass level.

To me this video was a reminder... that through inspiration, change is acquired. I've been inspired by the other CHD moms who are tackling this issue by my side. And by the surgeons and cardiologists who are at this very moment finding new paths of treatment, new ways to save lives.

Take a look at this video created by a mom from the local Mended Little Hearts group . (Note Sadie's beautiful mug shots).

After gaining this inspiration, I can't help but feel a spark of hope, and an emblazoned desire to create change. Creating awareness is a HUGE challenge, but messages like these drive me to take action. Can we inspire others through our small movement? Can we cultivate this plight for awareness, and in doing so, save lives? YES WE CAN.

2 comments:

  1. Incense. Offend. It's your blog: your record of your thoughts, feelings, emotions, and you'll be angry with yourself in the years to come if you don't make it an honest account. If people get mad, they'll just stop reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:31 AM

    And if they stop reading, they are stupid. I agree with Adrian - when it comes to fighting for support and love for your daugher, you have a right to piss off anyone you have to in order to fix the way CHD is handled (or not handled).
    The slide show was incredibly moving and Sadie looks beautiful in it. Can we all raise money and walk with you next time?

    ReplyDelete