Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I'm still here!

Just not able to keep up with the blog lately. The last few weeks have been insane - 70 hour work weeks, late nights, sick kids, sick me, etc., etc. Just yesterday we got the tree up, today the lights outside. I haven't even thought about Christmas lists...

But the girls are merry and bright, ready for Santa. Thank God for advent calendars, which helps dilute the number of "how many more days" I get every hour. They keep me chipper despite the blundering economy (that is definitely having an impact on my clients, thus on me). We've been singing carols galore. Sadie's favorite is Jingle Bells, Katie is a classic Here Comes Santa Clause kind of girl. I'm still rooting around for those Christmas CDs I squirrel away every year... I know they're here somewhere!

I'm still looking for a couple of kids to round out our school enrollment. Know of any? Send them my way! We've been working on the different winter holidays, and I have to admit, I've learned a lot about Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and the Advent that I didn't previously know. And I've learned a lot about guinea pig diets. Yes, we have two additions to our classrooms. I now understand why they are called pigs. Sadie loves to hold the fattest one, Peanut, and make him squeal like mad. Vixie is my favorite - she actually cuddles. At least as much as a smelly rodent with a minimal IQ is able to snuggle. Ah, the joys of preschool!

I'll resurface soon with something of interest - for now, enjoy the holiday preparations!

No comments:

Post a Comment