Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Running for 'Manda

It's that time of year again - Ukrop's 10K time! This year I will be running in honor of my long-time friend, Amanda, who continues to fight leukemia. Last year I ran for the first time, in her place. It was the day that she began to discover what her diagnosis was, after a series of strange illnesses. This year I want to get a better time by at least five minutes, and to make her proud.

Anyway, I'm in the process of forming a team - temporarily called Team Amanda. Let me know if you're interested! We won't necessarily run the race together, but we'll meet up afterwards, party and add back some of the calories lost, and toast to the Great Amanda. I'm hoping Amanda will be able to join in the affair, but we'll have to see what is going on with her health and scheduling.

As our mascot and motivation, I'm also hoping to find a time for a little kick-off shindig (if we can fit it into her crazy treatment/health/upcoming travel schedule). Let's get out there and show her we love her, pound some pavement and make her proud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment