Monday, June 02, 2008

Another Mixed Bag

Renewed Ban on Walmart. Due to the need to penny pinch thanks to ever inflating gas prices and the inability to get rid of our gas-guzzling SUV, I broke my promise and headed to my most hated, dreaded, local W. I finally justified my hiatus from shopping there - not a penny saved. I spent quite a while perusing, carefully seeking bargains. What I found is that my beloved Targét is MUCH less expensive in most areas - kids clothes (and much more stylish), snack foods, toiletries and diapers to name the big ones. Yay - I can once again justify my hatred of the ugly side of big business!

Preschool Ballet Rocks.
More to come on that in a later post, when I load the photos and video. Let's just say I cried my eyes out... from laughter. It was well worth every penny invested in the hideous, Dora the Hooker costume for that one hour of comedy.

Yackity Yack. Sadie's talking up a storm these days. Today she got a scrape on her knee. Tonight she told me as I changed her "Mama, I Bad Boo Boo Knee" clear as a bell. She's 21 months in 2 days. She loves to boss Katie around... "TahTay, BAFF!" "TahTay, KeenUp!" and "TahTay, go ny-ny."

Japan is ON! Yep... it's definite... I'm going in 8 weeks!

More requests for your energy/thoughts/prayers:

  • Amanda is back in the big house for another intensive round of chemo in an effort to wipe out the leukemia cells that survived the first round. Also, it looks like she's facing bone marrow transplant in the near future. Stay strong, 'Manda!
  • Jameson is back home and healing after a successful Fontan (heart surgery). Hooray!
  • Harlie goes in tomorrow for her jaw reconstruction. Good luck, Harlie, and hang in there, Christy!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:47 AM

    Wow that is great about Sadie's speech!Gabers is almost 23 months and the words are few and far in between and largely indecipherable. He has been in ST since he was about 12 months old.

    Um...can't WAIT to see the Dora the Hooker costume! Wowza - is that a great name for a post! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:58 AM

    Japan - Woot! That is awesome - I love Japan. My sister lived in Yokahama and I went to visit her for 2 months. I had sooo much fun seeing all the sights. It was an incredible experience.

    I've fallen out of love with walmart - they used to have such great deals. Lately I can never find what I am looking for - and the deals aren't worth the drive for me. If I'm in the area I might pop in, but I usually hit Target which is a lot closer.

    ReplyDelete