Saturday, February 24, 2007

Ahhh, love...

We were at a b-day party today, and I overheard the following conversation:

"Do you have a boyfriend?" a little girl asked Katie.
"Sure, I have lots of them."
The little girl asked her something I couldn't hear, and then Katie replied,
"yeah, there's Theo. He is nice and has blue eyes. And Jacob likes me, but I don't know why he calls me Katie-cootie."
(pondering silence followed by...)
"oh yeah, and Alexander thinks he loves me. He tries to hold my hand and kiss me. It's sticky, but I kinda love him too."

For those of you who know the Mentons, you won't be surprised to know that the Alexander Katie was referring to is their son. Time for her daddy to invest in shotguns.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kim,
    It's great to read so many happy entries about your family. I saw April today and was excited to learn that you were still doing this blog.
    Best of all was hearing that Katie still talks about Theo. Theo still speaks of his "girlfriend" Katie - she was his very first friend at Hanover School, and I think that will be a friend to last a lifetime.
    We'd love to get together with you all sometime very soon.
    Always,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete